Fruity Oatmeal Chocolate Bars
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (apples, apricots, plums)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chipsDIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture mix well.
5. Stir in dried cranberries, mixed fruit, oatmeal and 2 types of chocolate into mixture.
6. Press into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Then cut into squares or rectangles (to make granola bars). Wrap each one in saran wrap. You can freeze these in a big freezer bag and then pull out one for a snack or for lunch boxes.