Panera is rapidly becoming a name synonymous to staple diet in the United States. There are numerous recipes that can be created with and a lot of new recipes are surfacing every day. This compels us to bring one recipe to you. We are combining Panera bread with broccoli and cheese and creating a soup out of the combination.
This recipe will go easy on you. So without leading you on with a lot of mouth-watering content, let us begin with the details of this recipe. We begin as under:
The time required and other little details:
Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup is self-explanatory: the bread has its signature essence, broccoli has its healthy charm and you cannot resist cheese at all. Pertaining to this recipe, there will be a total time requirement of about an hour and 10 minutes and the yield will serve 4.
The things that would be required:
Like any other recipe, this recipe also requires certain things that need to be arranged for beforehand. The list of these things is as follows –
- 2 cups full of milk
- A bread bowl
- Some pepper
- Some salt
- About 8 ounces of cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- A cup of grated carrot, julienned
- Half a pound of chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of half & half
- ¼ cup full of floor
- ¼ cup full of butter, melted
- Half of a medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter, taken separately
As you equip yourself with these items, you are ready to move over to the procedure of cooking.
The cooking process:
This recipe will go easy on you. All you need to do is to stick to the steps that follow:
- Pour a tablespoon of melted in a pan and sauté the onions in it.
- Now combine flour and melted butter in a pan and place it over a medium flame. Continue to heat until you witness the color change to golden brown. This should ideally take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add your chicken stock slowly to this mixture and continue to whisk. Let the contents simmer for about 20 minutes with a cover on. Do not forget to stir occasionally.
- In a pot, add sautéed onions, carrots and broccoli. Continue to adding half and half and milk while stirring. Cover the contents.
- Bring the flame to low and continue heating for about 20 to 25 minutes. To avoid curding of milk, do not allow boiling.
- Now add nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- While continuing to heat the soup, add the cheese slowly and keep on stirring.
- Once done with the cheese, take the soup off the flame and serve.
- Serve this soup in the breadbowl.
Your recipe is done. Now taste the eclectic combination of flavors, you will love it. One facet of this recipe is that it can be refrigerated and stored for a period of about 5 days.
Bring it on!