Desserts make a good life. They are everything we live and sometimes gulp down tasteless dinners for. You may have come across Crumb Cake and may be dazzled by its charm. If it is so, you will be happy to know that you can make one for yourself at home and it is easy to make. This will be a dessert you will be dying to eat and fall in love with yourself for making such a thing. If you are not Joey, you can obviously share the bliss attached to this cake. So let us see now how it is made.
The time required and other details
The Crumb Cake requires a total cooking time of about an hour and 5 minutes. The yield would occupy a pan of 9×13 inches and will serve about 16 people but depends heavily on how much you relish dessert. You will be in love with the final product.
The items that would be required
There is a slightly longer list of items that need to be fulfilled for this recipe. That list is elaborated as below:
- For dusting, you will need confectioners’ or icing sugar
- A cup of unsalted butter, melted and then cooled
- One and a half teaspoons of cinnamon, ground
- A cup of light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, pure
- Half a cup of milk
- One egg, large sized
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Two and a half teaspoons of baking powder
- Half cup of granulated sugar
- 4 cups full of flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
With this list of things ready, now all you need to do is stick to the cooking directions.
The process of making
Dessert making is a craft that requires some intricate detailing. This process can be cumbersome at times. So, you are advised to carry out the baking process as has been stated as under:
- Ready your oven and set it to preheat at about 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use canola oil to brush a baking pan of dimensions 9×13 inches lightly. Dust some flour on it and put it aside.
- Grab a medium-sized bowl and mix salt, baking powder, granulated sugar and 1 and a half cups of flour. Keep this aside.
- Take another bowl and in it, whisk together vanilla, canola oil, milk, and egg.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Use a rubber spatula for this task.
- In the pan kept aside in the second step, spread the batter.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and bring together cinnamon, the leftover flour, and brown sugar.
- Bring in the melted butter and pour it on the flour mixture of the previous step. Use a rubber spatula to toss them together. This would lead to the formation of crumbs.
- Use the above mixture as a topping on the batter.
- Bake this batter for about 35-40 minutes, turning the pan one time.
- Take out of the oven and place on a rack so that the contents cool down.
- Use icing sugar to dust the cake.
- Cut using a knife into pieces of 3 inches to serve.
Your dessert for the day is ready.
You should not now be waiting for the perfect opportunity. Make it now!