Panera is rapidly becoming a name synonymous to staple diet in the United States. There are numerous recipes that can be created with and a lot of new recipes are surfacing every day. This compels us to bring one recipe to you. We are combining Panera bread with broccoli and cheese and creating a soup out of the combination.
This recipe will go easy on you. So without leading you on with a lot of mouth-watering content, let us begin with the details of this recipe. We begin as under:
The time required and other little details:
Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup is self-explanatory: the bread has its signature essence, broccoli has its healthy charm and you cannot resist cheese at all. Pertaining to this recipe, there will be a total time requirement of about an hour and 10 minutes and the yield will serve 4.
The things that would be required:
Like any other recipe, this recipe also requires certain things that need to be arranged for beforehand. The list of these things is as follows –
- 2 cups full of milk
- A bread bowl
- Some pepper
- Some salt
- About 8 ounces of cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- A cup of grated carrot, julienned
- Half a pound of chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of half & half
- ¼ cup full of floor
- ¼ cup full of butter, melted
- Half of a medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter, taken separately
As you equip yourself with these items, you are ready to move over to the procedure of cooking.
The cooking process:
This recipe will go easy on you. All you need to do is to stick to the steps that follow:
- Pour a tablespoon of melted in a pan and sauté the onions in it.
- Now combine flour and melted butter in a pan and place it over a medium flame. Continue to heat until you witness the color change to golden brown. This should ideally take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add your chicken stock slowly to this mixture and continue to whisk. Let the contents simmer for about 20 minutes with a cover on. Do not forget to stir occasionally.
- In a pot, add sautéed onions, carrots and broccoli. Continue to adding half and half and milk while stirring. Cover the contents.
- Bring the flame to low and continue heating for about 20 to 25 minutes. To avoid curding of milk, do not allow boiling.
- Now add nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- While continuing to heat the soup, add the cheese slowly and keep on stirring.
- Once done with the cheese, take the soup off the flame and serve.
- Serve this soup in the breadbowl.
Your recipe is done. Now taste the eclectic combination of flavors, you will love it. One facet of this recipe is that it can be refrigerated and stored for a period of about 5 days.
Bring it on! …
Gotham Steel Pans are a revolutionary addition to the world of non-stick cookware with their state of the art innovative technology. If you happen to own one, you must know that there is a need to take care of it in order to ensure an efficient usage of the utensil. Moreover, proper care would invariably lead to chef quality cooking at the comfort of your home. Not taking proper care of the product may render it useless within a few uses, thus buying a Gotham Steel Pan might end in futility.
To avoid that, we have worked out some cleaning and health tips for your utensil. Go through the tips that follow to continue to enjoy working with your Gotham Steel Pan.
Before you use it for the first time:
You must be glad to have chosen one of the best steel pans on the market. Before you rush to try it over the flame, there are some things you must do in order to ensure proper working. Let a combination of soap and hot water act on the pan and rinse it well. Now use a linen towel or a gentle cotton cloth to dab it dry.
You are, however, still not ready to use your Gotham Steel Pan as yet. Before chucking it onto the flame, you need to season the pan. This process is carried out by coating the pan with a light layer of any cooking oil. Now place the pan on the flame and bake for some time before wiping it clean. Having carried out this step, you are ready to use it for cooking purposes.
The optimal operating range:
There is an optimal operating range for any non-stick cookware that exists. The cooking in this range does not tamper with the non-stick coating on the surface of the pan. A non-stick pan is expected to operate properly at temperatures lower than those for regular cookware.
There is a way to know if the temperature range is optimum. Place the pan on a medium-high heat until it heats up. Now add some butter to it. If you witness bubbling of butter, the temperature is optimum. If the butter turns brown, you need to clean the utensil and begin again at a slightly lower flame.
Cleaning your Gotham Steel Pan:
Consistent performance prevails only when the pan is kept clean in proper way.
Make sure that you allow the pan to cool down completely before beginning to wash it. It is highly recommended that you do not place the hot pan in cold water as it can ruin the non-stick covering within minutes. You are advised to wash the pan with your hands instead of going for a dishwasher. A dishwasher can easily ruin the non-stick coating.
Harsh agents of cleaning are not recommended. Avoid the use of abrasive cleansers, bleach and other chemicals for cleaning the pan. To remove stubborn stains, go for sponges.
Storing the pan:
You are advised to store the Gotham Steel Pan in a rack or with soft cotton clothing in a cabinet.
If you stick by the rules stated above, you will indefinitely increase the lifespan of your Gotham Steel Pan. Happy frying! …
No not those kind of brownies Silly!! These will get you high on Antioxidants. Our garden is overflowing with Kale. I have added it to soup, stirfrys, meatloaf you name it. But then I wondered???? Can Kale be added to sweet things as well? So I Googled it. I happened upon a site called the Jolly Tomato and I found this recipe. If you are looking for a low-calorie brownie, these are not it. They are extremely delicious and no one will know they have that extra boost of kale in them. I am not even going to try and figure out the points on these. But i promise a piece won’t kill you
- Adapted from Kale Brownies from the Jolly Tomato
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 T. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Wash the kale and pat it dry. Gently tear the leafy portion away from the thick stems. Place the kale leaves in a steamer and steam for 5 minutes or until wilted. Place the wilted kale in a food processor and puree the kale. Drain any excess liquid and set aside the kale. You should have about 1 cup of kale.
Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
In the top of a large double boiler, melt the butter and the chocolate chips together, stirring until evenly melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let it sit until it cools to room temperature. Add the eggs, kale, sugars, and vanilla and mix with the chocolate mixture until combined (do not over-mix). Gently fold in the flour mixture until just barely combined, taking care not to over-mix.
Prepare a 13″x 9″ pan by greasing it with butter and then lining it with parchment paper. Carefully pour the brownie batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 24 brownies.
Note: As soon as possible after they come out of the oven, carefully lift the brownies up (by holding on to the parchment paper) and out of the pan (if they sit in the hot pan they may continue to “cook” and may get dry). Allow the brownies to cool while sitting on the parchment paper before cutting them.…
- Adapted from Kale Brownies from the Jolly Tomato
Desserts make a good life. They are everything we live and sometimes gulp down tasteless dinners for. You may have come across Crumb Cake and may be dazzled by its charm. If it is so, you will be happy to know that you can make one for yourself at home and it is easy to make. This will be a dessert you will be dying to eat and fall in love with yourself for making such a thing. If you are not Joey, you can obviously share the bliss attached to this cake. So let us see now how it is made.
The time required and other details
The Crumb Cake requires a total cooking time of about an hour and 5 minutes. The yield would occupy a pan of 9×13 inches and will serve about 16 people but depends heavily on how much you relish dessert. You will be in love with the final product.
The items that would be required
There is a slightly longer list of items that need to be fulfilled for this recipe. That list is elaborated as below:
- For dusting, you will need confectioners’ or icing sugar
- A cup of unsalted butter, melted and then cooled
- One and a half teaspoons of cinnamon, ground
- A cup of light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, pure
- Half a cup of milk
- One egg, large sized
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Two and a half teaspoons of baking powder
- Half cup of granulated sugar
- 4 cups full of flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
With this list of things ready, now all you need to do is stick to the cooking directions.
The process of making
Dessert making is a craft that requires some intricate detailing. This process can be cumbersome at times. So, you are advised to carry out the baking process as has been stated as under:
- Ready your oven and set it to preheat at about 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use canola oil to brush a baking pan of dimensions 9×13 inches lightly. Dust some flour on it and put it aside.
- Grab a medium-sized bowl and mix salt, baking powder, granulated sugar and 1 and a half cups of flour. Keep this aside.
- Take another bowl and in it, whisk together vanilla, canola oil, milk, and egg.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Use a rubber spatula for this task.
- In the pan kept aside in the second step, spread the batter.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and bring together cinnamon, the leftover flour, and brown sugar.
- Bring in the melted butter and pour it on the flour mixture of the previous step. Use a rubber spatula to toss them together. This would lead to the formation of crumbs.
- Use the above mixture as a topping on the batter.
- Bake this batter for about 35-40 minutes, turning the pan one time.
- Take out of the oven and place on a rack so that the contents cool down.
- Use icing sugar to dust the cake.
- Cut using a knife into pieces of 3 inches to serve.
Your dessert for the day is ready.
You should not now be waiting for the perfect opportunity. Make it now! …
Jigsaws are tools for life. They reduce your day to day cutting and carving necessities to a cinch. As the market is flourishing with these tools, there are numerous of them available. It is pretty easy to find yourself in a difficult situation when trying to choose one. Here in this write-up, we have sought to put two widely used jigsaws against each other to figure out the better of the two. We will go on to compare Bosch JS572EL and JS470E by bringing out their pros and cons. Here we begin with the comparison.
JS572EL is considered an excellent tool for light to heavy usage. It boasts of a well crafted body. Generally a corded tool, this Bosch runs on 120 volts of power. It has been designed keeping in mind the safety hazards associated with jigsaws. Offering a blade system with diverse applications, this tool can double up for almost every task that involves cutting.
Features of the product –
- A flexible cord system allows this jigsaw to be used in all possible positions.
- It comes with a dust blowing system that blows all the dust away from the workspace.
- JS572EL has significantly sharper blades.
- The system of cutting has been proven to be high in precision.
- This jigsaw can be put to test on thick surfaces as it emerges as the winner.
- Three points for stabilization ensure that the user gets uniform results.
- There is a base made of plastic along with a metal shoe that prove effective on rougher surfaces.
Some cons associated with the product –
- There are reported issues that this product requires a wrench to harness it to the table.
- JS572EL is not suited to be used daily.
- It is expensive.
The JS470E is a powerful jigsaw that is known to deliver a performance that can be relied on. Of the many jigsaws available on the market, this product has pretty much carved its own niche. It also works on a supply of 120 volts. The maximum angle of cutting is about 45 degrees which is enormous for a tool in this class.
Features of the product –
- Contrary to many other jigsaws, this tool is not cumbersome to use. The top handle provides for a comfortable grip.
- The precision associated with this particular tool is unparalleled.
- It is capable of delivering enormous power.
- Designed keeping in mind the low vibration requirements during working.
- The performance is consistent.
- The system of blade-change is seamless with the tool-less technology. There is absolutely no need to get in contact with the hot blade.
The cons associated with this product –
- There is no room for U-shank blades.
- There is an absence of an LED light.
While both the products boast of their own essences in a very elegant manner, the JS470E looks like a better choice on paper. However, you should go for whichever suits your needs in particular. The choice is subjective.
Happy cutting! …