On of my all time favorite snacks is pretzels. I love soft pretzels and hard pretzels dipped in spicy mustard. It is a salty, spicy, satisfying treat that I don’t feel guilty indulging in.
My Mom makes an amazing Strawberry Pretzel Dessert, yes I know it sounds strange, but trust me you will love it. The pretzels, butter and sugar make an awesome crispy, salty, sweet crust, the middle is cheesecake and the topping is a wonderful, gooey, strawberry sauce. Her version is not exactly low cal, so I changed it around a bit and made it much more waist line friendly. It is awesome enjoy!
Strawberry Cheesecake with a Pretzel Crust
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup light butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages sugar free strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
7 points + per serving.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Snyder’s of Hanover blogging program, for 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
About Snyder’s of Hanover
Our tradition of good taste dates back to 1909 when Harry V. Warehime, founder of Hanover Canning Company, our parent company until 1980, began producing Olde Tyme Pretzels for the Hanover Pretzel Company. In 1963, the Bechtel Pretzel Company, founded by Bill and Helen Bechtel in 1947, was purchased and incorporated into Snyder’s Bakery. Bill developed the original recipe for the Sourdough Hard Pretzel that is still enjoyed by consumers today. More info on Snyder’s of Hanover