I love dip. Dip with chips, dip with crackers and dip with veggies. One of my favorite is a Mexican layer dip. I created this one for a family picnic a few years ago and it was a huge hit!!! Everyone will devour it and have no idea it is good for them! Enjoy!
Low Fat Layered Mexican Dip
Serves 6 People
- 1 cup of fat free refried beans
- 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cups fresh guacamole
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 head of finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning together and set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavor to mingle.
- In a glass pie plate or 8 x 8 inch baking pan, layer the refried beans in the bottom so they are equally spread.
- Top with guacamole and spread evenly.
- Top with chopped cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Top with salsa.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Place sour cream in a zip lock bag and cut off the end, do a zig zag pattern across the top of the dip.
- Sprinkle with olives.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or veggies.
6 servings – about ½ cup
Calories 129, Total Fat 7.1g, Sodium 294mg,Total Carbohydrates 11.9g, Dietary Fiber 4.4g, Protein 4.5
WW points 3 +