I have done it! I have created the best cookie ever!!! The other day I was browsing the internet looking for baked donut recipes (yes, I am making those soon!) and I came across a Nutella Thumbprint Cookie recipe on Emilybites. It sounded wonderful and weight watcher friendly, but since I am trying to incorporate Greek Yogurt into my recipes this week, I figured why not substitute ½ the butter with yogurt. The result is AMAZING!!!! I am a huge nutella fan. If you have never tried it I would HIGHLY recommend it. It is a creamy, chocolatey, hazelnutty wonderfulness……. These cookie are to die for and healthy to boot! Try them and you will swear you are not eating anything remotely healthy!
Dreamy Nutella Cookies
Makes 22 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and cocoa, stirring until mixed. In a separate large bowl, place the butter, yogurt and powdered sugar and beat it with a hand mixer at a medium speed.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat with mixer until combines. Add flour mixture to bowl and beat together on a low speed for several minutes until dough combines and thickens.
- Use a scooper or your hands and break off pieces off the dough to form 22 balls (about 1 inch each). Place the balls in rows one inch apart on the greased cookie sheet. In the center of each cookie, press your thumb about halfway through the ball to create an indentation.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Let them cool completely. Once cooled, place about ½ teaspoon of Nutella into the indented center of each cookie. (you can place the nutella in a plastic bag and cut off the end to pipe it into the center of the cookies or you can use a piping bag with a tip)
Each cookie is:
Calories 90, Total Fat 3.9g, Total Carbohydrates 12.9g, Dietary Fiber 0.7g, Protein 1.5g
2 Points + each