This week I am dedicating all of my recipes to Greek Yogurt. Not only do I love to eat Greek Yogurt, but I use it to cook with as well. It is a great substitute for sour cream and you can also use it as a substitute for fat in recipes. Many of the recipes I have featured on my site have Greek yogurt in them, tzatziki sauce, Key Lime Muffins, Lemon Yogurt Muffins and Banana, Carrot, Zucchini Muffins . This week I decided I would not only try baked goods, but some main courses as well. I was so excited to try out some of the new amazing yogurts that Chobani sent me to try and as you know I love cookies! These cookies are so soft and flavorful, you will never miss the full fat version! The yogurt allows them to keep their shape, so they do not flatten out when you bake them. I also love the fact that they are egg free, which means you can eat the dough raw and not worry about it !!!
Next on the agenda this week :
Banana Honey Muffins
Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cookies (2 points +)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Chobani Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Makes 36 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Stir in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until incorporated, then mix in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. ( I use this handy dandy scooper, so they are perfectly portioned!!)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges begin to brown. Cool for a minute on the cookie tray before removing.
Nutritional Information per cookie 89 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 11.5 grams Carbohydrates, 0.8 grams fiber, 1.4 grams Protein
2 points + per cookie